Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Incoming 8th Graders

Well, most of you made it through to 8th grade! I'm writing this while many of you are riding roller-coasters with Mr. Simon, Mrs. U, and Mr. Thompson at Six Flags. I just wrote a post for the incoming 7th graders (lets hope someone responds) and it made me think about you. The summer hasn't even started and I miss many of you already...even you 3rd period class!! Maybe we didn't accomplish every academic goal we set out to do, but we definitely made some memories this year. I would like you to share some memories you had during this past school year. I'll write an example for you to look at and then you can write your own...it doesn't only have to pertain to our English class (although I enjoy those the most). (PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP...PROOFREAD YOUR WORK FOR SPELLING AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS BEFORE POSTING)


Mr. Vergara's Favorite Memories

There were so many great memories we shared this year...and not all of them included me yelling at Tavon or Yanni (lol). The first one that jumps out for me of course was participating in GREASE with so many of you. The fact that my son came up on stage on Saturday was the cherry on top, but the whole experience of rehearsing and performing with so many of you was beyond fun. I will never forget that opening night with the sold out crowd - and how great my girls (Neasha, Doo-Doo, Heather,etc.) sang that night! Another great memory was the kickball game with the 1st period. I love doing things unexpected and I feel like that game caught many of you off guard. Watching Big Game James "kick the ball off" to start the game was PRICELESS!! I'm still upset that the girls lost...but it was a close one! I don't want to make this too long, so that you stop reading because you're bored...but I have to add one more thing. I loved watching that scary movie - Insidious...again, not something I would normally do, but much like the kickball game and GREASE - it was a bonding experience.

Look for a new post here and there throughout July and August...and make sure you're on top of your summer reading. Enjoy your teenage summer days - it goes by fast!!

V

7 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. V awww it was a great year good times see ya next summer when you post i will post 2


    Emy S.
    PS i would be the first to respond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr.Vergara, we had a great year.I liked when you took us out to play kickball and I had fun even though we lost.While we were at Six Flags Maria and Lauren went on the daredevil swing with Mr.Simon.I couldn't believe they would do that,neither Mr.Thompson,and Mrs.U.See you in September Mr.V.
    Laura G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol you would write yanni but as much as me and you have been through and thats alot your my favorite teacher even though i deny it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mr. Vergara, I had a blast this whole year working with you on my grammer and my spelling. We had a fantastic year and I hope we will keep that up next year!!... Have a great summer!!! :D

    -Samantha Mendez!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Iyanna AND Sammy - that's very sweet of you to say! Next year will be even more fun although I fully expect to battle Ms. Kennedy from time to time as I attempt to prepare all of you for HIGH SCHOOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, when you said that you were going to do summer posts I thought you were joking, but you stood to your word and didn't forget. I personally thank you for making my first year at Hamilton a great one. I will definitely miss being your assistant even though you said I have to do it next year as well! I will especially miss the memories we made as Period 1 with Maria's April Fool's prank and then you picking on Samylda a.k.a Mildew and acting as Olivia a.k.a Pitbull was a thug. Also, it was always funny to watch your face when someone threw up in our class. Also, it was surprising how a couple days before school ended you said happy birthday to me because my birthday is in July. Thanks for being a great teacher and I can't wait to see what you have in stored for us next year!

    ~ Vani Nair

    P.S. I love how Vishnu and Timothy posted for the upcoming seventh graders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were definitely great memories, Vani. Although, that Maria better watch out next year @ April 1st! As far as my assistant, I truly hope you will help me again next year - best helper I've ever had! Keep enjoying the summer...

    V

    ReplyDelete